GJ’s Landscape and Civil was engaged directly by Northern Beaches Council to deliver the upgrade to this heritage listed holiday destination. Nestled on the fringe of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, and accessible only by water, this has been a secluded holiday haven for Sydney locals for decades. All machinery, labour, and materials had to be transported to and from the site via ferry, boat, or barge.
Key improvements included:
- Over 200LM of exposed aggregate concrete paths, including a set of stairs constructed from concrete treads and sandstone block risers
- Restoration of bush walking track, bush track stairs, and vehicle tracks
- Timber and sandstone retaining walls and balustrades
- New stormwater management system including pits, trenches and swales
- Upgraded water supply system to accommodation buildings and cabins including cartridge and UV filtration system, pump and pump house.