GJ’s Landscape and Civil was engaged directly by FDC Construction (NSW) Pty Ltd to deliver the upgrade to this top ranked University. The new design of the Central Courtyard landscape has completely transformed this important heart of the campus.
The Macquarie University Central Courtyard Precinct centrepiece is the tree-lined Central Courtyard, a series of smaller courtyards, water feature, and a restored natural creek system which provides a range of external spaces that form a green heart for the campus that will support students socially and emotionally throughout their journey.
Key improvements included:
- Existing underground creek that carries water from the upstream Mars Creek to the University Lake was “daylighted” and brought it to the surface where it could be incorporated with fresh new landscaping
- Sandstone block amphitheater fitted with handrails and lighting
- Over 600m2 of Stratavault installed to the Central Courtyard area
- Over 600LM of precast concrete bench seats installed, cast and honed in Queensland and transported to Sydney for installation.
- Concrete culvert bridge installed over Mars Creek, topped with sawn sandstone pavers
- 35,991 plants were installed across the entire project
- 12,171m2 of turf was installed across the entire project